We’re looking for an Engineer who thrives on making the problem solving process engaging and collaborative.
You’ll be experienced in the full product development lifecycle and will be able to demonstrate how you’ve successfully incorporated smart technologies in products. This is an exciting opportunity to steer our product portfolio to help meet our short and long term strategic goals.
Why work for Smiley Monroe
We’re the world’s biggest producer of highly customised ‘endless’ conveyor belts, with locations in Northern Ireland, India and USA; trusted by global manufacturers of materials processing equipment in industries as diverse as quarrying, construction & demolition, recycling & waste management and road construction.
Our industry is dynamic and fast-paced. We work hard but like to have fun too. Continuous improvement is at the core of our culture and our values are unique to us: we’re passionate about ensuring Smiley Monroe is a safe place to work; we’re determined to succeed; and by focusing on staying close to our customers and problem solving, we’ll achieve our ambitious vision to be the number one partner in our mobile equipment world.
- Analysing our existing markets by taking an in-depth look at our current customers, suppliers, and products
- Driving new product development by working closely with our Sales and Marketing teams
- Defining product requirements by clearly identifying the problems our products are trying to solve
- Researching new technologies, materials, and manufacturing processes
- Driving product development from concept through to market introduction
- Conducting risk and failure mode analysis
- Collaborating with our Product Support team and end users to develop prototypes for testing and evaluation
- Delivering product specifications and procedures to our production teams to ensure quality, safety, and reliability
- A degree in Engineering or related field
- Demonstrable experience in the full product development life cycle
- Broad project management experience
- Good working knowledge of manufacturing processes, materials, and quality control
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven experience of data-based decision making
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders