About the Role
Reporting to the Sales Manager, you will work collaboratively to achieve sales targets by developing long term customer relationships and proactively maximising sales opportunities.
Why work for Smiley Monroe:
We’re the world’s biggest producer of ‘endless’ conveyor belts, with locations in Northern Ireland, India and USA; trusted by manufacturers of materials processing equipment in sectors spanning quarrying, construction & demolition, recycling & waste management, washing systems and road construction.
Our industry is exciting, dynamic and fast-paced. We work hard but like to have fun too. Continuous improvement is at the core of our culture and our values are unique: we’re passionate about having a safe place to work, we’re determined to succeed and our vision is to be the number one partner in our mobile equipment world by focusing on being close to our customers and problem solving.
If this sounds like you, email your CV to email@example.com. Closing date for applications is Friday 18 November 2022.
- Build and maintain long term customer relationships to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
- Grow our customer base in collaboration with the Sales, Product Support and Marketing teams.
- Build a qualified lead pipeline by proactively seeking and developing new business opportunities.
- Build brand awareness using social media channels and attending trade shows.
- Passionately present the company products to maximise sales opportunities with existing and new customers.
- Proactively develop technical knowledge to be able to discuss product specifications with customers and provide solutions to their problems.
- Collaborate with the Product Support team to review our product offering to help solve customer problems.
- Work with internal departments to ensure goods can be produced and delivered on time to meet customer demand.
- Generate quotations for customer enquiries ensuring each quotation is followed up to maximise sales opportunities.
- Maintain regular contact with customers to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience working in technical sales environment or be educated to degree level in engineering.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings.
- Demonstrable ability to work on own initiative and achieve sales targets.
- Commercial awareness with a natural enthusiasm and confidence when speaking to customers.
- A natural problem solver with a determination to succeed.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Software including Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Ability to travel international.
- Experience using CRM and ERP software.