Production Operative – PO0421
Full Time, Permanent Position
Shift Pattern: Evening Shift
Smiley Monroe produces ‘Endless’ conveyor belts and custom rubber parts for the materials processing equipment manufacturing sector – serving OEMs in 10 key segments: construction & demolition, recycling & wate management, quarrying, mining, washing systems, agricultural, environmental, conveyor fabricators, road construction and port material handling.
Family-run and privately owned, Smiley Monroe has come a long way since being founded in a garden shed in Northern Ireland in 1979 supplying conveyor belts and service to local quarries and mines. Today we’re exporting to more than 60 countries worldwide, from the West of Ireland to the Midwestern United States.
We’re passionate about having a safe place to work with lean manufacturing and continuous improvement at the core of all we do. With sheer determination to succeed, our vision is to be the No 1 partner in the mobile equipment world by focusing on being close to our customers and solving problems along the way.
We have big aspirations that will only be met if we continue to grow our one big family by adding forward thinking, passionate people who share our values.
Due to continued growth we are looking for Production Operatives to join our fast paced Belts Team at our base in Lisburn.
Reporting to the Senior Team Leader your key responsibilities will include:-
- Ensure a safe place to work by following all Health, Safety & Environmental procedures.
- Follow guidance from the management team on all aspects of production and quality within the Production Department.
- Organise workload to achieve daily departmental targets.
- Conduct all processes in line with documented SOP’s and ISO quality procedures.
- Apply a 5S approach to your work.
- Contribute to our Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement ethos.
The ideal candidate should be able to meet or exceed the following:-
- 1 year’s recent experience in a manufacturing environment
- Health & Safety knowledge / qualification
- IT Literate
- Demonstrate good numeracy and literacy skills especially accurate measuring skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Flexibility to work overtime, as and when required
Hours of Work: Monday – Thursday, 3.30pm-2am.
Starting Salary: £9.06 per hour plus shift allowance.
If you believe you have the necessary skills to join our team please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications will be Monday 17th May.