Production Technician – PT0321
Full Time, Permanent Position
Location: Franklin, Kentucky
The Giants of Belting have landed in Kentucky, USA – mimicking our company’s successful Northern Ireland and India based factories.
Smiley Monroe produces ‘Endless’ conveyor belts and custom rubber parts for the materials processing equipment manufacturing sector – serving OEMs in 10 key segments: quarrying, construction & demolition, recycling & waste management, washing systems, environmental, road construction, mining, agricultural, port material handling and conveyor fabricators.
Family-run and privately owned, Smiley Monroe has come a long way since being founded in a garden shed in Northern Ireland in 1979 supplying conveyor belts and service to local quarries and mines. Today we’re exporting to more than 60 countries worldwide, from the West of Ireland to the Midwestern United States.
We’re passionate about having a safe place to work with lean manufacturing and continuous improvement at the core of all we do. With sheer determination to succeed, our vision is to be the No 1 partner in the mobile equipment world by focusing on being close to our customers and solving problems along the way.
We have big aspirations that will only be met if we continue to grow our one big family by adding forward thinking, passionate people who share our values.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Production Technician will be responsible for manufacturing customized endless conveyor belts and cut rubber & plastic parts.
The hours of work will be Monday to Thursday 8.00am to 5.00pm and Friday 8.00am to 2.00pm.
Main responsibilities will include:-
- Work in full compliance with OSHA and Company safety standards.
- Conduct all processes in line with documented standard operating procedures and ISO quality procedures.
- Organise workload to achieve daily targets.
- Ensure production documentation is completed accurately.
- Maintain a safe and tidy work area.
- Participate in risk assessments and health and safety audits.
- Contribute to our Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement ethos.
- Any other duties as required to fulfil the role.
The ideal candidate should be able to meet or exceed the following:-
- Minimum of one years’ experience working in a hands-on industrial manufacturing environment.
- Ability to lift moderate to heavy weights.
- Demonstrate good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are essential for the role.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Flexible approach to the workload.
The Company offers competitive salaries and a range of benefits, including PTO, 401(k) and medical.
How to Apply
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications will be April 16 2021.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorisation or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.
Smiley Monroe is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to attract and retain the best qualified employees. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non-work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.